Lemed Janvier & Les Volcans: "Feu Vert"



Here is a second album from Lemed Janvier with The "Volcans du Bénin". Lemed Janvier is from Benin but he is known to play congolese soukouss music and sing in congolese language which is quite rare. I think that the "Volcans du Bénin", led by Nestor Hountondji, had the best horn section in the country.

oro

Voici un autre album de Lemed Janvier accompagné par l'orchestre Les Volcans du Bénin. Lemed est connu pour jouer de la soukouss congolaise mais aussi pour la chanter dans la langue du Congo, ce qui est plutôt rare. Je pense que "Les Volcans" possédait la meilleur section de cuivre du pays.

4 comments:

reservatory said...

Oro, you are a bottomless pit of joyous music! I can only imagine that some years ago you bought an entire Contonou record shop and then installed the building and its contents intact in your back yard or attic. Everyday is another adventure. THANKS!

oro said...

Thank you Reservatory for your funny comment. I love it. There are so many things in that building that I had to leave it in its own Africa...

reservatory said...

Ah yes, there are many of those buildings in my past. By the way, I can't believe I mispelled Cotonou! Anyway, thanks again!

joe said...

Loved your last Janvier post, so I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks, Oro.