Super Tentemba Jazz (Mali)



Let's breathe some Manding music with this rare Malian orchestra established in Ivory Coast: Super Tentemba Jazz. This recording is from the Seventies and the lead singer is the fabulous Mamadi Diabate. I invite you to discover him in a previous great post. This album is great, if you understand french you are going to laugh and dance...This gift comes from Vivien (Balafon). Thank you our friend.


Après des aubaines poly-rythmiques, respirons un peu de vent Mandingue avec le Super Tentemba, un orchestre du Mali qui siégea en Côte d'Ivoire. Le chanteur de cet album, enregistré fin 70's est le grand Mamadi Diabate que je vous invite à découvrir sur un précédent courrier. Cet album géniale, profond et plein d'humour, nous vient de Vivien alias "Balafon". Merci pour ce cadeau.


5 comments:

urijenny said...

Muchas gracias. Estaba buscando material de la tentemba jazz.

WrldServ said...

Merci beaucoup!
Although I haven't heard it yet, I think I am going to be very happy with this, - as I am with the rest of your great blog.
I am gradually turning into a real fan of the Beninois music.

Thanks!
Stefan

trumpetaaa said...

many thanks oro & balafon for sharing this wonderful record

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this wonderful album, I liked it especially.

Take this opportunity to comment that the magical graphics of Oro in Tentemba and Avolonto are so strong,that I prefer it would occupy the full blog.

Oro's images not need to rely at Mati Klarwein's work.

oro said...

Hello Ngoni,

I would like to thank you for your comment. Next time Oro will have his own graphic. Thank you for yur support.